Bookkeepers play a critical role in managing the financial records of organizations and businesses, ensuring that financial transactions are recorded accurately and efficiently.
They work in various settings, including accounting firms, small businesses, and large corporations. Bookkeepers are responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial statements, and reconciling accounts.
They must have a strong understanding of accounting principles and be skilled in using accounting software and spreadsheets. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently are essential for success in a bookkeeping job.
Bookkeepers must also be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues and ensure that financial records are kept confidential.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $28.90 hourly, $35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
1 year to less than 2 years
- Process payroll by calculating and issuing cheques
- Determine the value of fixed assets and calculate depreciation
- Maintain accurate financial records and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Manage general ledgers and create financial statements
- Generate various statistical, financial, and accounting reports
- Ensure account accuracy by reconciling accounts.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Data analysis software
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Interested persons can send their application to the owner’s email: [email protected]