Facts About IPOB. You cannot actually talk about Nigeria without talking about Biafra, and you cannot talk about Biafra without talking about Nnamdi Kanu. These two things are intertwined, while talking about one, you must definitely talk about the other.
Let’s talk about Biafra now, before going into the other ones. Don’t forget that our great country will be turning a year older tomorrow. 60 years is not 60 days, happy birthday to this great country Nigeria in advance.
The indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB) is a Biafran specialist organization in Nigeria whos aim is to restore an independent state of Biafra in the formal eastern region of Nigeria through an independence referendum.
There is no group or organization without a head, of course, the group is bred and founded by Maazi/Mr. Nnamdi Kanu in 2012. That name is supposed to sound very familiar to you.
Nnamdi Kanu is a British Nigerian political activist that is well known for his prominent advocacy of the contemporary Biafran independence movement.
You should know that so many fights have surfaced because of this singular organization, and also so many many lives have been lost to peaceful protest and the rest of them.
The quelling and fight are because the IPOB has criticized the Nigerian federal government for its poor investment, inadequate resource distribution, ethnic marginalization, and a very heavy military presence in the Biafran region.
IPOB is currently one of the largest independent organization by membership, this has also made them gain significant media attention for becoming a frequent target of political crackdowns by the government.
FACTS ABOUT IPOB (The Indigenous People Of Biafra)
- The tension between Biafra and the federal government resulted in the Nigeria civil war which lasted for three years
- Nnamdi Kanu is a dual British and a Biafran Citizen.
- The radio station of Biafra was from London, which broadcast messages called for “ freedom of Biafra.
- Nnamdi Kanu was arrested by Nigeria security forces on 19th Oct on charges of Sedition, ethnic incitement, and treasonable felony.
- The movement for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra Biafra (MOSSOB) started gaining attention in 2000, with the Biafra Zionist movement ( BZM).
- MASSOB was formed in the yer 1999 by Ralph Uwazuruike.
- The federal high court has rebelled the IPOB a terrorist group/organization on the 18th of Sep 2017.
- In 2008, Massob claimed that 2,020 of their members were killed and extra-judicially killed by the state.
The more people tried to fight for Biafra to come, the more people are losing their lives.