Agribusiness/Small and Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) is a loan program between the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and NIRSAL Microfinance Bank. It loan program that gives loans to interested Nigerians.
The aim is to help them start and build up a good business. The primary aim of the loan program according to CBN, is basically for Agriculture, a still growing enterprise that needs loans to improve production, hence, boosting the economy of the country.
It is important you know that the online application portal for AGSMEIS is now open at agsmeisapp.nmfb.com.ng. In this article, we would outline how to for AGSMEIS loan for 2022.
AGSMEIS Loan Form 2022
The loan form for AGSMEIS is now available in their portal online agsmeisapp.nmfb.com.ng but for you to get access to the loan you are expected to be eligible for it.
Eligible Sectors/ Business for AGSMEIS Loan
If your business is among those listed below, then you have already jumped the first hurdle. Here are the eligible businesses and sectors, below:
1. Fashion and Dressmaking
2. Catering & Event Management
3. Courier & Delivery Services
4. Creative Industry
5. Agriculture & Agro-allied Processing
6. Art & Entertainment
7. Automobile Services
8. Cottage Industry
10. Cosmetics, Beauty, and Makeup Artistry
11. Electrical and Electronics
12. POP and Tiling
19. Health Services
20. Welding and fabrication
21. Animal Husbandry
22. Cosmetics, Beauty, and Makeup Artistry
23. Electrical and Electronics
24. Apparels and Textiles
AGSMEIS Loan Requirements
1. You need a valid ID card
2. You have to showcase a business plan provided by EDI
4. Certificate handed out by a CBN-authorized EDI
5. Details of two (2) guarantors.
How to Apply for AGSMEIS Loan 2022
You have to keep in mind that only qualified Nigerians can apply for the Agribusiness/Small and Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme loan. They can apply by following the procedure below:
1. As an applicant you have to attend a CBN-accredited Entrepreneurship Development Institution (EDI).
2. Applicants should register through the CBN-certified EDI.
3. In turn, NIRSAL Microfinance Bank will send the application to CBN via EDI for processing.
3. Those who are eligible for the loan will be called.
4. The last step is to fill out the form with all the details needed, sign it, and have the EDI validate it.