Do you have an idea on how to check BVN on MTN using your mobile phone? I know it might come as a shock to you, but it is that simple. To add to that, it is time-saving and reliable.
Not everyone knows their BVN by heart and to save yourself the embarrassment of having it handy when required, there are ways you can easily get access to your BVN.
Bank verification number was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb unlawful banking transactions.
To always have access to your BVN your account must be linked to a unique number with 11 figures. You can have as many bank accounts as you wish, but they would be linked to only one bank verification number.
In this article, we would put you through how to check your BVN on MTN.
How to Check BVN on MTN
You can get access to your Bank Verification Number the easy way by dialing the USSD code, using your mobile phone.
The good thing about making use of the USSD code is you don’t need to have an Internet connection to access it. You also do not need any specific mobile phone before you can access it. Any functioning mobile phone is acceptable.
The USSD code required to check your bank verification number is *565*0#, this code can be used for any bank, just like:
• How to check BVN code for Diamond: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for First Bank: Dial *565*0#
• Also, How to check BVN code for FCMB: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for Stanbic IBTC: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for Eco Bank: Dial *565*0#
• Also, How to check BVN code for Union Bank: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for UBA: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for Zenith Bank: Dial *565*0#
• How to check BVN code for Access Bank:
How to Check BVN Number Online
Aside from the USSD code method, you can also check your Bank Verification Number online, through internet banking. To check your BVN online, log into your online banking, and your BVN would be displayed.
How Much Does it Cost to Check Your BVN?
To check your BVN via USSD code, you would be charged. Thankfully, the cost isn’t much, it costs just N20 for every check.
Benefits of Having a BVN Code in Nigeria
There are various benefits accrued to having a bank verification number in Nigeria. They play a huge role that can’t be undermined. The benefits are:
1. It gives you a special identity that is recognized by all banks.
2. It curbs the possibility of identity theft and fraud.
3. Smooth credit system and banking operations.
4. It protects one’s account from unauthorized access.
What Do I Need to Get a BVN in Nigeria?
To get a Bank Verification Number in Nigeria you would need to follow this procedure:
1. You have to procure a BVN Enrolment form which can be downloaded from here Or picked up at our center
2. You would need a valid ID: Nigerian International Passport, Nigerian National ID Card, or Nigerian Driver’s License
3. You would have to get one recent passport photograph