How to join the Nigerian Police as a Graduate is what we are going to explain today.
There is a program which the Nigerian Police runs for graduates which they call cadet ASP program.
Joining the Nigerian Police Force is a very great responsibility because it will become your primary duty throughout your life.
The Cadet ASP Program is strictly for graduates from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
Each and Every year, the Nigerian Police Force always engage in recruitment processes which enables them to bring in fresh hands and fresh minds into the police Force to reduce criminality and also strengthen the security aspect in our communities.
Note that those who joined through the Nigerian Police Academy ( Polac) are to be promoted faster than those to run the Cadet ASP Program,
You can read on how to join the Nigerian police Academy HERE
The ASP program takes a period of 9 to 12 months.
Before you can be able to join the Nigerian Police Force as a Graduate, there are some criteria you need to meet before applying.
Firstly you need to visit the Nigerian Police Force Recruitment Portal www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
Or visit the Nigerian Police Force Official website www.npf.gov.ng and Click on ASP Program,
Note that Nigeria Police Force does not run this program every year. they run it when they wish to do so or when there is lack of Nigerian Police Officers.
Requirements To Join The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate
- All Applicant Must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 28 years.
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in O’ Level Examinations SSCE (WAEC, GCE, NABTEB,NECO) in not more than 2 sittings, and at least, Credit in English and Mathematics.
- You Must be psychologically, physically, & mentally and medically fit.
- Applicants must not have any Criminal record of any form of conviction.
- Applicants must not have less than 86cm expanded chest measurement (for males).
- Female Applicants Must not to be pregnant.
- Height must Not to be less than 1.67m tall for males, and not less than 1.64m tall for females
- You must be a University or Polytechnic Graduate.