It our ability to adapt would go a long way to show how easy it is for you to get used to the way of life in Canada.
While applying to move to Canada as a self-employed person, each standard earns you precise points which are classified under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
A total cumulation of all the points would be displayed in your online profile. The candidates’ points are then calculated, and those with the highest points would be eligible for the next stage of their immigration process.
The chosen applicants are then told to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residency status.
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, you also need to:
- Have an appropriate experience in athletics or any similar cultural activity.
- Be willing to participate actively in the cultural or athletic activities in the country.
- Meet medical and security prerequisites (like taking the Covid-19 vaccine which is compulsory).
Canada Self Employed Person Immigration Program Fees
The fee starts from about $2,075, and the application procedure most times takes about 34 months to be finalized.
There are lots of benefits accrued to living and working in Canada. There is the security of life and property, there are employment opportunities, life expectancy is high, and the cost of living is relatively affordable.
Also, the country has beautiful scenery which makes it one of the best countries to visit in the world and its people are friendly.
Hence, moving into the country as a foreigner is a big boon; especially if you want to live in the country permanently. However, for you to move to Canada, you will have to go through the proper means.
There are numerous ways to get access to Canada, one of them being through programs made available for self-employed persons. As a way of boosting its waning workforce, the country throws its gate wide open for people from various countries to gain entrance, self-employed persons sit at the top as one of the most recognized.
Do you want to move to Canada as a self-employed person and you are wondering how to go about it? You made it to the right article, in this post, I will be showing ways to move into Canada as a self-employed person in 2023.
Canada has always required creative and talented individuals who can influence the cultural and athletic sectors of the country.
There are numerous lists of creatives who can gain access into the country as they help promote the overall sector of the country and even create job opportunities. Here are some of the self-employed professionals whose services are highly required:
- Writers and translators
- Curators and conservatives
- Creative and performing artists
- Musicians and singers
- Directors, choreographers, and producers
- Composers, conductors, and arrangers
- Sports Officials and Referees
- Graphic Arts Technicians
- Artisans and Craftspersons
- Broadcast Technicians
There are numerous other self-employed skills highly required in Canada, other than the above-listed. Hence, as a self-employed professional, you stand a high chance of gaining entrance into Canada.
You don’t need to be proficient in French or English language to gain access to Canada as a self-employed professional.
However, it will be an added boost in your points and would stand you out among the numerous applicants. Regardless, it’s not compulsory to be proficient in English or French but is an added advantage if you are proficient in any of them.
Yes, you will have to show proof of funds for you to be able to move into Canada as a self-employed person. You have to show proof that you can cater to your needs financially and this is by showing a solid financial record.
Once you can show that you can take care of your financial needs within the stipulated time you will stay without being a burden, your chances of being granted access to the country naturally increase.
To move into Canada, there are some requirements you have to fulfill. Ticking every one of these requirements increases your points.
There is a total of 100 points and you are expected to get a minimum of 35 points out of the 100 to be considered eligible. Here are some of the requirements and their corresponding points:
Maximum 35 Points:
1, Five years of relevant experience 35
2. Four years of relevant experience 20
3. Three years’ relevant experience 25
4. Two years’ relevant experience 20
Maximum 10 Points:
1, 21 to 49 years of age at the time of application 10
Deduct 2 points for each year of age over 49 or under 21
Maximum 25 Points:
1, (Doctorate OR Master’s Degree) + 17 years’ full-time or full-time equivalent studies 25
2. (3-year Trade Certificate OR LLB or Medical Degree) + 15 years’ full-time or full-time equivalent studies 22
3. (Bachelor’s Degree OR 2-year Trade Certificate) + 14 years’ full-time or full-time equivalent studies 20
4. (Bachelor’s Degree or 1-year Trade Certificate) + 13 years’ full-time or full-time equivalent studies 15
5. 1-year post-secondary + 12 years’ full-time or full-time equivalent studies 12
6. Secondary school education 5
Maximum 24 Points:
1, High Proficiency 16 pts for First Language and 8 pts for Second Language
2. Moderate Proficiency 8 pts for First and Second Language
3. Basic Proficiency 2 pts for First and Second Language
Maximum 6 Points
1, Spouse’s or common-law partner’s education 3-5
2. Minimum one year’s full-time authorized work in Canada (applicant or spouse) 5
3. Minimum two years of full-time post-secondary studies in Canada (applicant or spouse) 5
4. Family Member in Canada 5
The processing time tends to vary as it is heavily reliant on various issues. However, the estimated time to get the permanent residence permit takes about a year to 2 years or even more to get a permanent residence permit in Canada as a self-employed person.
However, before that, you can apply for a work permit before moving into Canada, with the work permit, you can live and work in Canada while awaiting your permanent residence permit. So, you can always establish your business and live freely while waiting for the outcome of your application.
Moving to Canada is a big boon and it’s even better if you move into the country as a self-employed person. There are numerous ways to move into the country as a self-employed person, all you have to do is hit the needed requirements.
Do you want to move to Canada as a self-employed person and you are wondering how to go about it? You made it to the right post because, in this article, I went into detail about all you need to know about moving to Canada as a self-employed person in 2023.