Long haul truck drivers are responsible for transporting goods across long distances, typically between states or provinces, using large commercial vehicles such as tractor-trailers or semis. They play a critical role in the transportation industry, delivering goods and materials that support businesses and communities.
Long haul truck drivers are often required to spend extended periods away from home, driving for several hours at a time and adhering to strict schedules.
They must possess a commercial driver’s license and comply with state and federal regulations regarding hours of service, vehicle maintenance, and cargo handling. Long haul truck drivers must also have excellent driving skills, a keen sense of direction, and the ability to work independently.
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $27.00 hourly, $40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 6 vacancies
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
- Work in a team of two drivers or as part of a convoy
- Drive straight or articulated trucks to transport materials and goods
- Inspect the vehicle and its equipment, including tires, lights, brakes, and cold storage
- Carry out roadside repairs in case of emergency
- Conduct pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections of the vehicle and manage all related tasks
- Receive and communicate information to central dispatch
- Document cargo details, fuel consumption, distance traveled, and hours of service
- Secure and protect cargo by covering it with a tarp and ensuring its safety.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an email to: [email protected]