Many people are faced with the issue of having to change the details on their Voter’s card because it was wrongfully filled. During registration, your name might have been entered incorrectly without you noticing, and this might end up causing complications in the long run.
However, there is no need to worry yourself sick as there are methods on how to change name on a voters card in Nigeria that can help correct your name. The good thing is that the process is very simple and you won’t have to put in much effort for it to be corrected. It is important to keep in mind that there are documents and procedures you will have to go through and provide for the application of name correction to be approved.
Was there a mistake in the name on your Voters card and you wish to change it but don’t know how to go about the whole process? You made it to the right post. In this article, I will go into detail on how to change the name on a voters card in Nigeria.
How To Change Name On A Voters Card In Nigeria
If there are mistakes in your name while you are registering for your voter’s card, there is no need to worry because correcting the mistake is very simple. All you have to do is follow the rules, and you are good to go. Below is a detailed process of how to change the name on a Voter’s Card in Nigeria:
1.. To assess the information on your Voter’s card, visit the INEC online registration portal and click on ‘Review Information’.
2. If you didn’t have your National Identification Number (NIN) at the time of your registration, it is important to update your information on the INEC website, if you have the NIN now.
3. After you have updated your NIN, permission will be sought from you to share your information with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
4. Once you have accepted, tap on “Save and Continue” and you will be redirected to the next passage.
5. Once you make it to the next page, take two passport photographs with your device and click on “Save and Continue”.
6. The next step is to upload the two clear passport photographs.
7. The first passport photograph has to be a neutral face (without an expression), while the second one has to be you with a smiling face.
8. Once you are done with the upload, you will be redirected to a page where you can download your printable slip in PDF format.
9. Once INEC has approved your passport photos, visit the NIMC center for fingerprint capturing on a fixed date.
How to Change Polling Unit
If you moved to a new area, you can opt to change your polling unit to the nearest polling unit where you currently live. Below are the ways to change your polling unit:
1. Go to the INEC portal and click on ‘Request Transfer and you will be directed to a new page.
2. On the new page, input the state where you registered your current PVC.
3. Enter your name (Surname first, middle name, then your last name).
4. Input your date of birth.
5. Provide your polling unit code (this is optional).
6. Enter your Voter Identification Number (VIN).
If there were mistakes during your voter’s card registration, you can correct them easily. All you have to do is follow the right steps and you are good to go. In this article, I went into detail on everything you need to know about changing names on voter’s cards in Nigeria.