Are you so preoccupied, that you keep fixing and refixing dates of when you would apply for a prepaid or do you know anyone going through such at the moment?
It might surprise you to know that you can apply for a prepaid meter online and the good thing about this is that this process is very seamless and convenient, you don’t have to break a sweat over it.
It’s more convenient to order a prepaid meter in the comfort of your home and have it delivered to your doorstep. It is that easy and convenient. All you just need is to know how to go about it and you won’t have to worry about how to get your prepaid meter ever again.
In this article, I would go into detail on how you can order your prepaid meter online and have it delivered to your doorstep.
How To Apply For A Prepaid Meter Online
As I mentioned previously, you can make things easier for yourself and have your prepaid meter delivered to you. This has become possible since distribution companies work hand-in-hand with meter suppliers to hasten the supply of prepaid meters.
With that, you can easily order a prepaid meter online and have it delivered to you afterward. Below are step-by-step guides on how to apply for a prepaid meter online:
1. The first step to take is to visit your distribution company’s website for meters to make a request.
2. The next step you would have to take is to fill in the needed information. You need to provide a passport and a recognized means of identification.
3. You will be mandated to sign an agreement form before you proceed.
4. You might have to visit the nearest distribution office near you or complete the whole process online, but this solely depends on the way your distribution company works.
5. You can purchase your prepaid meter, using credible MAP portals or credit channels. Keep in mind that you are not to pay money to any person or representative of any kind, you need to follow the guide provided by the official website of your distribution company.
6. You might have to wait for a few weeks to get your prepaid meter. Once you get your prepaid meter, have it successfully installed, activate it, and start buying electricity units.
It’s important you know that each prepaid meter has a warranty period of 10 to 15 years, and also, it takes only a few weeks to have the prepaid meter on your doorstep, if you ordered online.
Some Distribution Companies You Can Order Prepaid Meters From Online
Here are some of the electricity distribution companies in Nigeria where you can order prepaid meters online, using their webpage:
EKEDC (Eko Electricity Distribution Company)
IKEDC (Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company)
AEDC For New Meter Users, and Existing users.
EEDC (Enugu Electricity Distribution Company)
KEDCO (Kano Electricity Distribution Company)
BEDC (Benin Electricity Distribution Company)
Most people order their prepaid meter online and have it delivered to them and it has since become the norm. In this article, I gave you a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a prepaid meter online.