Various banks provide myriads of avenues for customers to block their ATM cards when the need arises, and First Bank is not left in the fray. People block their ATM cards for many reasons; however, the most reoccurring reason is if the ATM gets lost or stolen. To protect the money in their First bank account, it is only natural that they block the ATM card to avoid scammers clearing away their money.
One of the best ways you can block your ATM card is by utilizing the USSD code that First Bank has made available to its customers. With the USSD code, you can easily block your ATM card when the need arises.
However, not everyone knows how to use the USSD code for this purpose. The USSD code method is very simple, and you can get a hang of it once you have tried it the first time; so, you won’t have issues navigating through it next time. How To Block First Bank ATM Card with USSD Code
Do you want to block your First Bank ATM Card but do not know how to go about it? You made it to the right post. In this article, I will go into detail on how to block First Bank ATM card using USSD code.
How To Block First Bank ATM Card with USSD Code
One of the most effective ways of blocking your First Bank ATM card is through the bank’s USSD code. Below is a detailed format of how to block your First Bank ATM card using the USSD code:
1. The first step is to dial *894# on your mobile phone, irrespective of the network you are using (Glo, Airtel, MTN, or 9mobile).
2. Follow the prompt and click on Quick Banking.
3. Click on the next page.
4. Then, select Card Control
5. Select from the options available:
- ALL CHANNELS
6. To finalize the process, punch in your 5-digit PIN to confirm the process.
Other Ways to Block First Bank ATM Card
Aside from the USSD code method, there are other ways you can easily block your First Bank ATM card. Below are some of the methods:
Through Mobile App
Another easy way to block your First Bank ATM card is through the First Bank mobile app. This method is very effective and is widely used by most of the customers. Here are the steps to take:
1. Open your First Bank mobile app.
2. Click on the Menu Icon.
3. The next step is to click on Card.
4. Choose your card type
4. Then follow the prompt and click on Hotlist Card.
5. The last step is to deactivate your ATM card.
Another easy way to block your card is through the SMS method. The SMS method is widely used by most First Bank users and it has proven reliable. Below are the steps to take:
1. Open your message app and send “Block” to 30012 as an SMS on your phone.
2. While at it, make sure you use the number linked to your First Bank Account.
3. Once you have successfully sent the message, you will get a message that shows your ATM has been successfully deactivated.