The Nigerian Police Academy is Just Like The Nigerian Defence academy where Military Officers are trained both Educational and Military training. Police Academy consists of Both Academic and Police Training. You spend the Minimum of five Years before you graduate with the Rank of ASP In the Nigerian Police. How To Join The Nigerian Police Academy POLAC is one of the questions many people wish wish to get admission into the police academy usually ask. In this post, we will give you details and guidelines on how to join the Nigerian Police Academy.
How To Apply For The Nigerian Police Academy (POLAC)
- Interested Applicants are encouraged to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website @ www.polac.edu.ng to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Applicants must!!!, also, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Please Note that Candidates need not select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form.
However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores which are to be determined by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will only be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at due time.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS For Nigeria Police Academy Application
Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
Nigerian Police Academy Admission Requirements
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizen.
- Must be between 17 and 22 years of age.
- Must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86 cm (34 Inches).
- All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview.
- The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
All the candidates who wish to apply are advised to read about the List of courses offered in the Nigerian Police Academy.